Pain in the joints can occur at any age and at any time. The common places where the pain occurs are feet, knee, wrist, elbow, neck and fingers. The pain results in restriction of movement. It is important to overcome the pain in order to lead a healthy life.
Causes of joint pain
- The tissues of the cartilage start thinning.
- Joint infection.
- The metabolic condition of the body.
There are several medicines available in the market to relieve joint pain. Healthy diet, adequate rest and sleep act as a joint pain reliever.
It is extremely important for people suffering from joint pain to have the right kind of food. The food should be rich in nutrients and essential vitamins. Some of the required vitamins and type of food advised are
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
- Folic Acid and Minerals
- Vitamin B Complex
- Yogurt and cheese are the best example of food items that are pro biotic. It is therefore advised to have these items on daily basis and in small proportion.
- Omega-3 fatty acid, which is found in fish oil, should be taken in small proportion. Salmon contains the highest amount of omega-3 fatty acid.
- Ginger taken with food and tea also gives relief from the joint pain.
- Alcohol should be completely avoided.
Exercise also helps a person suffering from the joint pain. It reduces the stiffness in the joint and allows regular movement among the joints. There are some exercises, which if done regularly eases the pain in the joints. Some of the exercises that act as joint pain reliever are
- Aquatic exercise
- Yoga is the best exercise for people suffering from joint pain.
There are natural remedies to ease the pain in the joints, which acts as a joint pain reliever. They are easy to follow and are made at home. Some of the natural remedies that should be used when the pain persists are
Hot and cold therapy
Ice is wrapped in a compressed bag and applied on the joint. After a while the swelling will reduce. After this, hot therapy is conducted. Soaking in the hot tub or taking a hot bath acts as a joint pain reliever.
Applying Eucalyptus oil or Olive oil gives relief as they are the best joint pain relievers. One should keep in mind not to massage the joint, which is swollen due to the pain.
Put grated radish in a cotton cloth. Wrap the compressor around the affected area and use woolen cloth to cover it. The area will get warm and will act as a joint pain reliever.
It is important to take care of the pain in the joints, as it affects not only a person’s life style, but also his health. Our life style and food habits are mainly responsible for the pain in our joints. It is advisable to go for professional help if the pain persists for a longer period of time.
Most Popular Links