Knee joint pain could be caused due to different reasons. Some common kinds of knee pain are knee tendonitis, knee bursitis, knee osteoarthritis, torn cartilage or torn ligament. Knee pain could also result from any sports injury, or simply aging, where knee tendonitis or knee osteoarthritis could tend to happen. The knee tendonitis appears to be the most common kind of knee injury. Different types of knee pains will have different symptoms. Finding the ways to reduce the knee joint pain could help provide you better mobility and also help recover from knee injury.
Various types of knee joint pains
- Ligament injuries results in terrible knee joint pain, where you could hear the popping sound and you will struggle to put even a small weight on your knee. You will tend to limp while walking. Doing walking will be exceedingly difficult, and painful.
- Knee tendonitis induces inflammation to one knee, or often both knees. There could be inflammation in tendons, and could cause swell in the knee caps.
- Tear on cartilage is caused by knee osteoarthritis. Knee osteoarthritis symptoms are stiffness, swelling and flexibility loss in the knee joints. You will feel stiffness in morning time.
- The Rheumatoid arthritis causes swelling and inflammation in joints.
You will need a doctor to evaluate and determine the knee joint pain condition that you are suffering from. A lot of effectual ways are there to reduce the knee pain symptoms. At times simple rest could help reduce pain symptoms, like knee tendonitis. The following methods could help in reducing the pain symptoms regardless of the knee injury type, until you obtain an appointment from your doctor.
Methods of reducing pain in the knee joint
- Wear a knee support or knee brace. Wearing knee brace or any kind of a knee support could help in stabilizing the joint of your knee.
- Do knee exercise based on the knee joint pain severity. If you cannot bend your knee at all, rest is required. Be careful about the exercises that you choose. A lot of running could increase the wear and tear over the joint. Choosing swimming or aerobics could be useful. Stretching the knee joint out could help. You could go for simple stretches initially, if you feel that you are not ready for the actual exercises.
- Use ice for reducing inflammation. Ice packs could help reduce inflammation. Daily the ice must be applied to the knee injury, until inflammation symptoms are reduced. A number of athletes use this method for reducing inflammation on the knee injuries. It is one of the primary things to do for treating pain, and reducing swelling.
- Have a good diet. Eat foods which provide good strength to the joints, especially if you are suffering from arthritis. Foods that are high in minerals and vitamins should be added in your diet. High amount calcium, magnesium, iron, vitamin D and fiber must be included in your diet too.
- Use herbal supplements for treating pain. Numerous essential oils help in reducing joints inflammation.
Most Popular Links