Ever felt a sudden joint pain while working overtime or on the way back home from office, especially when you are completely stressed out? You might have also experienced joint ache while going through some emotional trauma. If that’s the case, then it is suggested that you visit your doctor, as this acute pain can be a symptom for stress injury or Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI) in medical terms.
Repetitive Strain Injury
RSI mainly affects wrist, hands or fingers at extreme stages. It can even paralyze your arm causing numbness and thus, it should never be neglected. Meditation, managing stress and working our regularly can help you avoid such pain in your joints.
Sometimes during chronic pain, ultrasound therapy and infrared wave treatments are given by physiotherapist, in order to block pain signals. Many patients also depend on steroid injections to get rid of pain in their joints.
Any joint in your body can be affected by arthritis. There are various types of arthritis and its conditions. It can affect ankle, backbone, elbow, finger, foot, hand, hip, jaw, knee, leg, muscle, neck, nerve, rib, shoulder, toe, knee and others. There are five different ways of treating arthritis and they are as follows:-
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS):- A kind of joint pain treatment, where the drugs induced blocks the activities of enzymes. These medications will have anti-inflammatory and fever reducing properties, which soothes your mind and relaxes body. There are 3 types of NSAIDS available in the market and they are salicylates, COX-2 Selective Inhibiters and Traditional NSAIDS, which include Ansaid, Nalfon, Lodine, Mobic and others.
- Analgesics (Painkillers):- These drugs relieve pain by blocking throbbing signals reaching brain. There are two kinds of analgesics, narcotics and non narcotics.
- Corticosteroids (Steroids):- Many steroid injections are given to the patients as a pain reliever and this drug is closely related to cortisol, a hormone which is produced in adrenal gland.
- DMARDs (disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs):- These drugs decreases inflammation unlike NSAIDS. It doesn’t relieve pain, but rather modifies the immune system.
- Biological Drugs: - Many biological drugs restore the immune system and completely decrease the joint damage one such drug is Anti-TNF.
- Natural Therapies: - Many natural treatments and therapies are introduced and people have completely healed. Some of the joint pain treatment given includes chiropractic treatments, homeopathy and homeopathic remedies, herbal remedies, massage therapy, aromatherapy, hypnosis / hypnotherapy, dietary supplements, meditation / relaxation techniques.
Joint Replacement Treatments
In severe cases, orthopedics recommends joint replacement surgery as ultimate joint pain treatment, which is removing the damaged part and replacing with new one. Most of the time, orthopedics tries not to remove the whole joint, and instead fix the damaged one.
Joint replacement is becoming quite common these days. Usually knees and hips joints are often replaced by the surgeons. Hip replacement can be done in several ways which includes cemented, un-cemented, hybrid or surface alternates. Orthopedics follows two types of approach for knee replacements that is uni-compartmental or minimal invasive knee replacement.
Apart from all these joint pain treatment, people rely on yoga, stress free exercises, ayurvedic and such natural remedies for joint pain. Its not only affordable, but quite effective to maintain good health.
Most Popular Links