The joints in the human body are considered as the part where two bones assemble or meet. These joints are usually associated with muscles, cartilages, ligaments and synovial membranes. These membranes are designed in such a way that they can allow skeletal movements along with bearing the whole body weight.
The main work of these joints is to promote flexibility for executing regular motions by the body. The continuous wear and tear of joint muscles, due to excess motion results with the pain in joints that is usually referred to as “joint pains”. Joint pain is also caused by several other reasons such as wounds, infectious diseases, trauma, sprains and strains, tendinitis, bursitis and osteoporosis.
Remedies That Help To Relieve Joint Pain
- Cryotherapy: This is done by applying ice for 15 minutes, every hour once, on the painful joints. You can try this therapy continuously for about 4 to 5 days.
- Hydrotherapy or Aromatherapy: These are the excellent additional options to relieve joint pain. Have a warm and relaxing bath by adding several oils such as rosemary, lavender sweet or eucalyptus oil into the hot water. This full body immersion therapy eases the body pain along with promoting stress relief and relaxation.
- You can even try massaging therapy by applying tropical menthol rub or any other essential oils, on the joints. While massaging, always keep in mind to do strokes in the direction of your heart and not the other way.
- You can go for the medications such as acetaminophen that are known for direct pain relief. You can even opt for several other non-steroidal and anti-inflammatory drugs in order to prevent swelling and stiffness of the joints. These medications not only relieve joint pain, also act as relaxants on the muscle and spasms that are found surrounding the joints.
- Home-made mixtures can also be the best relaxants for joint pain. Take two tea-spoons of honey in a bowl and add two tea-spoons of apple cider vinegar into that bowl and mix this with warm water. Drinking this mixture twice a day majorly helps with relieving joint pain.
- Several exercises such as swimming, walking and biking works as excellent medications to relieve joint pain. Try these exercises 3 times per week, for about 20 to 30 minutes in order to make your muscles tolerable to these exercises. These exercises can also be used as weight reducing exercises, which reduces the load on the joints.
- Certain physical therapies such as paraffin wax treatments, therapeutic ultrasound treatments, etc helps with strengthening the mobility of the affected joints.
- Several alternative medical treatments such as acupressure and acupuncture are considered as the ancient Chinese methods. These treatments are usually used to enhance relaxation for joints by alleviating the pain.
- Try to decrease the load on the joint areas by using alternative means such as canes or walking sticks. These devices not only decrease the load on the joints, also relieve joint pain by immobilizing the painful joints that are affected with braces or splints.
Most Popular Links